View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Friday, 14. December 2018, 00:56:55

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 GM needed: EAF3 
Ambassador

Post Re: GM needed: EAF3
StrangeTim wrote:
What exactly is required of a GM? I may be willing to jump in the spot as a show of good faith.

Check out one of the running games (or EAF3). Under Announcements, Rules, and possibly Logfiles you'll get a sense of the guidelines most GMs post to help move things along and start a game. As this game is in progress, most of that is done for you already.

I also think you have some pretty senior players in the game who would be willing to help you "learn the ropes" as well. They seem like an eager, friendly bunch and would be happy to have you!

Beyond that, it mostly requires a familiarity with VASSAL (not an issue for you) and the game rules in play. You mostly handle the "secret stuff" in VASSAL, which should already be in place in the "GM area" in VASSAL (revealing objectives, dealing ACs during status phase, dealing PCs and mercs, if they are in the game, etc.).

On the rules bit, GMs need to weigh in and make a ruling on a rules-related issue or answer questions about hypothetical scenarios (usually received via PMs). There are lots of examples of how rulings/rule questions play out in other games, plus a general rules thread on these boards should you want additional input from other players, so nothing daunting there.

Then there's rolling dice and posting battle results, should players decide to resort to attacking one another. :p

When I GM, I try to keep Logfiles threads organized and moving forward, but usually the players self-manage just fine (it's a team effort).

If you take on the task and run into a "what should I do about X" question, I'd be happy to receive a PM from you and offer my input. There's also a GM sub-forum under Mecatol Rex with some topics that may prove useful, for reference. You can post questions there if you want input from many other, more experienced GMs.

Player (LER)
Sol (SiD)
Hacan (TLP)
GM (WotW)
GM (BHR1)

Wednesday, 11. December 2013, 07:20:14

StrangeTim, are you up to doing this? I'd prefer to start a new one on the new site, but I will step in if there is no other replacement at this point.

Player (LER)
Sol (SiD)
Hacan (TLP)
GM (WotW)
GM (BHR1)

Saturday, 14. December 2013, 21:12:22

I think he is going to do it. He sent me a message about not being able to post in the forum.

Game 4: W2: Nekro (In progress)
Game 5: New Frontiers: Nekro
Game 6: TiP: Xxcha (replacement)
Game 7 Encounter at Farpoint 3: (In Progress)

GM
Fallen Empire (In Progress)
Small Worlds (completed)

Sunday, 15. December 2013, 02:12:29
Ambassador

Other than JohnnyCwtb, only Global Moderators can add him to the required group.

@StrangeTim: If you indeed want to take over as GM, just let me know.

I just sent an email to Johnny who has not replied to my PM requesting a vsav for the new GM yet.

Sunday, 15. December 2013, 02:31:43
Embassy Intern

Ok guys, I'll take over. I'll recreate an up to date logfile and post it on the new forums, which should be up in the next couple days. After the new log file is up everyone can check it out to make sure they agree. If everyone agrees, we'll proceed.

Sunday, 15. December 2013, 03:08:46
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2